Please join us to find out what has been learned and accomplished since the last meeting.
Check back for more information coming soon.
Download a copy of the flyer with the link belowDownload
NO more FLOOD PUBLIC HEARING
Hosted by Acadian Group of the Sierra Club
& Acadiana Citizens for Flood Prevention
Feb 20 6:30 – 9 pm
Vermilionville Performance Center
300 Fisher Rd, Lafayette, LA 70508
Vermilionville will host a cash bar and will sell Jambalaya to attendees.
- Guest Speakers include:
- Dave Dixon, Sr. Volunteer for the flood study and Citizens for Flood Prevention.
- Dr. David Cheramie, Director of the Bayou Vermilion District.
- Donald Sagrera, Chief Executive Director of the Tech Vermilion Fresh Water District
- Tim Matte, Cheif Executive of the Atchafalaya Levee Board
- Bill Fontenot, ST. Landry Parish President and Chair of the Acadiana Planning Commission.
- Rachel Godeau, Assistant Director of the Acadiana Planning Commission.
- Mark Wingate, New Orleans District Corps of Engineers
- Chester Cedars, Parish President of St. Martin Parish
- Jim Wascom, Director of the Governor’s Office of Emergency Preparedness.
- Stay Tuned–More to come.
FLOOD PREVENTION UPDATES FROM:
• MULTIPLE PARISHES
• US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
• ACDIANA PLANNING COMMISSION
• GOSEP (Governor’s Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management)
• TECHE-VERMILION FRESHWATER DISTRICT
• BAYOU VERMILION DISTRICT
• ACADIANA CITIZENS FOR FLOOD PREVENTION
FLOOD UPDATES INCLUDE
• Updated Risk Assessment
• Public Comments and Suggestions
Acadiana Sierra Club
Bayou Vermilion District